Amitabh Bachchan & Abhishekh are stable with mild symptoms

Amitab & Abhishek Bachan

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is reported to be in a “stable” condition with “mild symptoms” after testing positive for coronavirus on Saturday. The ‘Don’ actor has been admitted in the isolation unit at Mumbai’s Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital. The actor has confirmed that he will keep updating via Twitter. His son, actor Abhishek Bachchan also tested positive for Covid-19 last night, according to separate tweets by the two. Big B also said that the other family members and staff have undergone tests for the virus. However, the results are awaited. The 77-year-old actor also requested those, who have been in “close proximity” to him in the last 10 days to get tested for the deadly virus.

Talking about the current medical condition of Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek, Dr Abdul Samad Ansari, the head of critical care in Nanavati hospital, told NDTV on Sunday: “Huge responsibility on our shoulders to treat the biggest icon and his son. Their condition is stable. They have mild symptoms and their vitals are under control… usually by 10-12th day, peak disease impact on body is witnessed. Today would be 5th day since Amitabh ji’s symptoms had surfaced… have to watch closely for another seven days and see how the disease evolves… in the next 3 days, we will be able to see the evolution trajectory… very likely that he may remain to have a very mild version.”

Earlier Amitab bachan himself shared the news himself on his Twitter handle on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/SrBachchan/status/1282002456063295490

He noted he has been shifted to hospital, and the other family members and staff have undergone tests for the virus. However, the results are awaited. He also requested to those, who have been in “close proximity” to him in the last 10 days to get tested for COVID-19, he said in a tweet. The 77-year-old actor has been taken to Nanavati hospital in Mumbai.

Abhishek too tweeted, shortly afterwards, about the news “Earlier today both my father and I tested positive for COVID 19. Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to hospital. We have informed all the required authorities and our family and staff are all being tested. I request all to stay calm and not panic. Thank you.”

The veteran actor was recently seen stressing the importance of covering face amid increasing coronavirus cases and had shared a PSA (public service announcement) calling face masks ‘Kaano par zimmedari’ (a responsibility on ears). He had shared an illustration video on Instagram, in which the characters of different ages are shown wearing face masks. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Big B has been sharing such messages in public interests. Last month, he set an example to follow amid the COVID-19 conditions and shared a collage featuring celebrities covering their face.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *